Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fun and a bit of mystery..

Last night, Matt took me to Dallas for a surprise birthday event. It turned out to be a murder mystery dinner party at Fair Park's Old Mill Inn! At first it was a bit daunting to walk in and be asked to mingle with other guests while asking questions such as "Have you ever killed anyone?", "Do you have a lot of money?" or "what kind of underwear are you wearing?". Some of it was awkward.... but then we went upstairs where the real who-done-it got started.

While upstairs, we hunted for clues (I found one!), interrogated suspects (amongst who was yours truly), ate dinner, and suspected all. By the way, I was a suspect because I owed a loan shark for the Jonas Brothers: How Not to Party book ($24 dollars). I felt I was a little in my element because of the many reruns of CSI and Law and Order that I have watched and the many, many books of Sherlock Holmes and Nancy Drew (not together!) that I have read. I felt confident that I might be able to solve this puzzle. At the end of the evening, we were given a sheet to guess who did it any why. I got two of the murderers and one motive correct, but missed one murderer and two motives (though mine were closely related). Back to the books/tv for better crime solving skills.

I was very proud of what I got right. They also gave us a number code which I got 2 out of 3 of the parts right. So maybe I'll have to consider a new career- Ashleigh Gaston, Private Investigator. Now if only I could figure out who took my voice and why.....

2 comments:

  1. Try to solve the mystery of "Why didn't Matt take my advice and take you out to Pancho's?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got lost on our way out and besides pancho's is way too classy for birthday thats like annerversary or kids eat free

    ReplyDelete