Sunday, June 21, 2009

time for a new blog...and avoiding some physics!

Wow, it has been too long! So much has happened since I last wrote in here. I have moved home, started my summer school (yuck physics!), gone a cruise, and started a new job at Charleston's restaurant where Katie also works.

Okay, I forgot to add the most significant change. I am engaged to Matt as of May 30th! He chose to propose at my Dad's house approximately at 8pm right on the front porch with the beautiful sunset behind him. Well, let's start from the beginning. First, he gave me some red roses that were half real and half fake. He told me that our love will last until the last petal falls (because hopefully plastic flowers last forever!) and then we walked to the porch. There is where he got down on one knee ( we hope not in bird poo) and asked me to marry him with a gorgeous marquis cut diamond ring made out of white gold. Lizzy was the first to know as she walked up maybe 3 minutes after it happened! She let out a squeal of excitement that was only paralleled by Katie's. We came inside to tell Dad, then set forth to call the family and let them know first. After talking to Lizzy, Steph, and Jason, we went downtown to go to Taverna (nice Italian restaurant). We got dessert (tiramisu) and champagne that ended up being a free gift from our nice server who had found out about our engagement. After that we walked around downtown, then headed back to tell Larissa and Clint because they were home from their dinner out. Last, but not least, we told Katie when we got home who, as I said before, let out a squeal that might have woken the neighbors. My friend Jenna ended up there by a happy coincidence which was great. I think what the best part about telling everyone else is the reactions that people have to the news!



And that was my great, awesome, amazing, unbelievable engagement night. I am extremely happy and excited for this new chapter in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! We are so happy for the two of you! Thank you for sharing how Matt proposed. What a great guy! I like the part about the roses, that is so sweet.
    Love to the both of you...

    ReplyDelete